Fujifilm Instax Share SP-2 Review
Photo printer is one of the essential when it comes to journaling. Albeit a normal printer works fine, but a portable one might be more convenient when you are traveling.
One of the most popular photo printer has to be the Fujifilm Instax Share SP-2. If you have been considering getting it, do read further for the pros and cons of it.
- The price is reasonable. It cost about RM499 at the moment and it is easily available at most camera shops around town.
- The film is also priced reasonable. A standard cartridge has 10 films and it cost about RM25. That’s around RM2.50 per piece. You can also find the cartridge refill easily from photo shops and camera shops. There are also a lot of sellers on Shopee, Lazada, etc. that offer lower price.
- The photo printer and the App is easy to use, even my grandma could operate it.
- Its size is perfect for traveling. It doesn’t take much space if you would bring this for your holiday trip or journal jam. It is about the size of a sandwich box.
- The quality of the print out is good and there is almost no NG prints.
- So far, there have been no complaints about the SP-2 printer. It is tried, tested and loved by so many people. It is one of the Fujifilm best selling photo printer.
- The film is pretty standard. You can’t swap with sticker photo paper like the HP and Canon ones.
- It comes in a standard size 5.4cm x 7.8cm (name card size). You can’t change the size nor print half and cut the photo off.
- It operates on Wifi instead of Bluetooth. Your mobile device has to connect to the printer Wifi in order to transmit the printing order. It might not be the biggest problems but there are times when you want to save your photos from your social media sites, you might have to switch the Wifi connection multiple times.
- Fujifilm is coming out with a new photo printer. There is also SP-3 that released later than SP-2, but the difference is it prints photo in square instead of rectangle. In the near future, they will be launching a newer version. If you are looking for better technology printer, this one might not be the best option.
So far I am loving the this photo printer. Even if Fujifilm going to launch a new one soon, I will still stick to this one until I am absolutely sure it is not working.